While under Enchanced Community Quarantine and we need to boost our immune system for us to fight for COVID19. I noticed some oatmeal online that made easy and available to our pantry though some of the ingredient is very limited. Here is a quick and easy recipe for Filipinos which you can easy to follow.
3 cup oatmeal
1 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
2 tbps. Chia seeds(soaked in water or milk)
1 cup milk
1/4 cup applesauce
1 tbps. Honey (optional)
2 -3 Apples ( cut into cubes)
- Grease a 6 cup muffin tin with oil or butter. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine oatmeal, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Stir to combine. Set aside. In another bowl, pour in milk, chia seeds, applesauce, oil and honey. Mix well.
- Mix in oatmeal mixture over milk mixture. Stir until combined.
- On a separate bowl, mix in chocolate chips and pour in batter to muffin. For caramel walnut, put half of caramel walnut into the oatmeal mixture and then transfer it to the muffin.
- Once the muffin has completed. Bake it for 350 degrees for around 20 to 30 minutes in the oven.
- Muffins are done once you see it’s light brown or toothpick test to the muffin. Set aside.
- Let them cool on a wire rack. Serve with tea or coffee.
I use electric oven for this recipe. You may use the other oven that you to your household such conventional oven if you have.
You substitute milk from water. Further, if chia seeds are not available you use flax seeds or healthy snacks you suits you.
For storage, you can store inside a microwave container or heatproof container.