It’s been a while since I use my platform for baking. Now we are Filipinos at Enhanced Community Quarantine or Luzon Lockdown since March 15. I decided to make something that everybody can make for merienda or afternoon snacks. I derive the original recipe from Mortar and Pastry’s Youtube channel and twig it a bit so will be satisfying according to my liking and our household. Here are the following ingredients below:
2 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
2 1/2 Tbsp. Baking powder
2 tbsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
3/4 cup water or milk
1 tbsp. Butter or oil
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- If you are butter for the recipe: In a saucepan, melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Flour mixture pours in melted butter into the bowl. Using a spatula or whisk to combine. Knead it gently.
- Once combine, gradually pour oil or water to the mixture until it forms to the tough ball. In a bowl with oil, let the dough ball rest from approximately 30 minutes.
- Set your countertop and flour it and knead the dough again until smooth. Cut the doughnut dough and shape into balls or to traditional donut shape.
- Deep fry the doughnut until brown.
- Serve hot with Cinnamon sugar.
Dough dough after rested
Dough nut balls